The Simplest Stuffed Animal Solution


FACT: Kids have too many stuffed animals. And even after attempting to clean them all out, there are still just too many lying about waiting to be played with. Heaven forbid you get rid of that one particular bear or giraffe even though it has not been touched in eight months and there are seven others just like it, right? Well, not only do they collect dust, but they take up a lot of space...and in a small home, even a little bit of space is a lot of space.

This weekend I set out for a storage solution for some, if not all, of Eamon's stuffed animals. Philadelphia row homes are very small (at least the old ones like ours) and with a tight budget right now I was looking for something that required few supplies and would minimize the amount of space efficiently. This Girl's Life blog had quite a few wonderful ideas, however, it was this post from Hysterically Ever After that hit the nail right on the head and with two household objects and ten minutes of time. I set off to conquer the plush jungle and I did so with gusto!


IMG_5087


I made a few modifications (if you want to call them that) to the blogger's original design. I used ribbon twice as thick as it seemed more sturdy as well as visually appealing to me and opted not to knot the clothes pins in place. Since I used 1" ribbon the pins stayed in place quite easily and I did not like being restricted before hand on where I wanted to place the toys. This freedom can come in hand when positioning large and small toys together (as in the photo above) and allows you to add more pins in the future (as the collection grows).

Total cost: $0
All of the materials I had on hand, however, should I have needed to buy these materials, it would have been under $3: $1.49 for ribbon (after coupon) at AC Moore  and $.98 for clothes pins at Walmart.

No comments